Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

@Flocabulary Rocks (or raps)! Free Trial

Have you ever used music in your classroom to help your students connect to content?

Then you MUST check out Flocabulary. This is an amazing site that my kids love. Check out the link below to get an extra-long trial access (75 days). By using the link I'm sharing you'll gain free access for your school, so take the time to check it out. 



My kids love the Week in Rap the most! There isn't a Friday that goes by where they don't ask to watch the Week in Rap. This is a weekly rap that is posted to share the current events from the week. We take a little time to watch the Week in Rap and talk about some of the current events shared. I often get my students to watch for something they didn't know about and then they turn and talk with each other about those events.

If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen the video post a few months ago where my students were singing "Cooking With Nouns" (noun song).

One of my favorite songs, which I'll be sharing with my students soon is "Keep, Change, Flip" (Dividing Fractions Song). Last year my kids were singing the song while taking their math test!

I love using songs and music to help my kids remember content and Flocabulary is one of my favorite sites for this. So what will you get? Is it worth it? Here is a run down of the facts about Flocabulary: 

Flocabulary is a web-based learning program for all grades and subjects that uses educational hip-hop music to engage students and increase achievement.
- Teachers in more than 50,000 schools have used Flocabulary’s standards-based videos, instructional activities and formative assessments to develop core literacy skills and supplement instruction across the curriculum.
- With new and expanding resources for writing and project-based learning,Flocabulary is a springboard into student-centered instruction. Check out our Writing Academic Rhymes resources to lead students in their own educational rap-writing! https://www.flocabulary.com/warp/intro/
Flocabulary offers more than 700 videos with accompanying classroom resources and formative assessments to support instruction in math, science, social studies, ELA, vocabulary, current events and life skills, with new content every week.

So what are you waiting for? It is free! Take a minute, click the link/picture, and sign up your school. You won't regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.