Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week 33- State Testing

This week we had ARMT testing. Fifth grade takes the test for math, reading, and science. We had a great week and I wanted to thank all the parents for sending in breakfast and snacks each day.

After testing each day we played some math games to review instead of doing test prep. One of the games we played was 5 to make 205. We used 2 10-sided dice and the kids used those to make a number. They could roll 5 times and couldn't go over 205.

Untitled

Untitled

We also played 13 Ways of Looking at Half. I had a sheet where the kids could color all the ways they saw half of the figure. Then we took turns coming to the Smartboard and filling in the answers. They came up with all but one answer!

Untitled

My students finally earned all of their brownie points so I made brownies for them. I'll be taking them to school tomorrow and I know they will be excited!

Untitled

STUDENTS: We have 9 days of school left. Tell me one way you will use the 7 habits to end the year in a successful way.

2 comments:

  1. I will use put first things by work first then have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am your newest follower! I just found your blog and love your fun ideas. I am returning to 5th grade next year after teaching grade 2 for the last ten years. Can't wait!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Aloha,
    Kathy Thomas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.