Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Using Infographics with Students

Call me silly, but I'm so excited! I now have 70 followers. I'm always excited when I visit my site and see that I have new followers. I guess building my PLN on Twitter also helps build my blog followers.

I've been seeing a lot of infographics pinned on Pinterest and I just pass them by. But this week I started thinking about how these could be used in the classroom. So I started pinning them myself. I found this post about Creating Infographics with Students and I think I've hit the jackpot! I can see myself using this with my students next year to help them organize data.

I also found a great post about infographics on Integrating Infographics into the iClassroom. This is the first infographic that really got me thinking about using them in the classroom.


Last year my students used Glogster and they loved it, but I think this might be a good tool to start with creating infographics with my students. I also found http://www.easel.ly/, which is another site where you can make infographics.

My wonderful PLN (thanks @flyonthecwall) also shared these links with me that you might want to check out if you are also thinking of using infographics in the classroom:

So I'd love to hear if any of you use infographics in your classroom. If you do, how do you use them? What do you use to create them?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle. I'm your newest follower. You've got me interested in learning more about these infographics. Check out my blog when you get a chance.

    threadgillsteachingtoolbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle - I am fascinated by infographics and am thrilled you wrote this post. You have led me on the trail to some great resources. Will also be checking out your pins to see how you will be using the infographics in class. Thanks.

    Thanks also for the award - will be posting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Thanks for sharing what you've learned about infographics. Love it :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there....LOVE this post and can't wait to dig into infographics! Come on over to 5th Grade Tomfoolery and give me your feedback on my site! Always looking for advice! Teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. independent career as a information graphics editor. She describes her path and her working environment. If you have questions, suggestions. sabakhan695 backlinks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.